The Star of Happiness: Helen Keller on Vaudeville?! is an autobiographical treatment of Helen Keller’s time on Vaudeville wherein historical fact and schoolyard humor collide. Yes, contrary to what you might think is the normal state of the universe, Helen Keller really did perform on vaudeville stages for four years (1920-1924). Truth is at least as strange as fiction!
So please come see this one-woman, two voice show that I’ve been working on for two years. You will probably laugh, you may even cry, chances are you will be highly entertained, learn something in the process, and will in all likelihood be left disconcerted, intrigued and a huge fan of Helen Keller!
The Star of Happiness is a proud participant in this year’s miniFridge taking place at Under St. Mark’s Theater June 29-July 4.
St*r Show Dates:
Friday, July 1 9pm
Saturday, July 2 7pm
Sunday, July 3 5pm
For tickets, and info on the other miniFridge participants please visit Horse Trade:
& please help save Under St Mark’s Theater!:
here’s our Save Under St Marks pitch courtesy of NY1:
Other great shows I’m in this month:
- Awkwardly, acting as the musical guest at Tell Your Friends
Tuesday June 7, 8pm @ Lolita Bar, 266 Broome Street nyc
- drunkenly, rocking faces off with my Accordion in the madness that is the BTK Band
Monday, June 13, 9pm @ Under St Marks, 94 St Marks, nyc
- Humbly, sidekicking with my accordion @ KGB Presents Sideshow Goshko
Friday, June 17 @ KGB Bar, 85 East 4th Street, nyc
- Appropriately, Helen Kellering it up @ Alter Ego Vaudeville Surreal
Sunday, June 19 @ Fontana’s, 105 Eldridge St nyc, 8pm
- Enthusiastically, special guesting as The Star of Happiness @ Penny’s Open Mic
Tuesday, June 21 @ Under St Marks, 94 St Marks Street, nyc 9pm
- Promotingly, titillating with a tidbit of The Star of Happiness @ Killy Vs. Kanada
Wednesday, June 29 @ Under St Marks, 94 St marks, nyc